Thursday, June 20, 2019

It has been six years since I have made a blog post. During these six years my children have all grown up and I went back to work. I work billing dental insurance for Arvory Management and bill 5 dental offices.
Tonight we made a calzone using our normal pizza dough. It turned out so delicious that I had to make a blog post! (It makes you wonder if I cooked anything else wonderful during the last six years....maybe not because I didn't feel the need to post the recipe.)
Originally this blog was to post family recipes that we all love. I had to add a photo from the web because I didn't take any of our dinner. :)

CALZONES

Dough-
4 cps flour, 2 tsp salt, 3/4 Tbsp yeast, 2 cups water (maybe a little more water if the dough seems dry. Mix together and rise one hour, stir down and let rise another hour. punch down and roll into two round pizza shapes.

Filling-
1st calzone- Ham, Jimmy Dean sausage cooked like hamburger gravel, sun-dried tomatoes, sharp white cheddar cheese, 2 oz. cream cheese in small pieces, Mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce.

2nd calzone- Pepperoni, Jimmy Dean sausage, and same as above.

Put ingredients on half of pizza dough, fold over dough and roll up and over and pinch curved edge.
place on pizza pan grease with olive oil and use olive oil when shaping dough in a circle previously.

Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes until brown and smelling wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment