Monday, August 1, 2011

Christmas socks for the Missionaries

 Every year our Stake President likes to give a special gift to the Missionaries.  It was traditional that the High Councilman over the Missionaries would buy these special Christmas stockings from a women in the Stake for $20.00 each.  I thought that I could make ones that would work better, and since Marshall is the one in charge of buying them, I gave it a try.  This picture is the purchased stocking.  They are about three feet long which is a very huge stocking to fill with gifts when there are several Missionaries to buy for!  I can make them for all eight missionaries for about $25.00 instead of $160.00.  This gives a lot more money to put into the gifts for inside!


This is my copy of her stocking.  I made it 40% smaller and added a fur trim.  Marshall wanted me to straighten the legs out, and give him a little more neck, and smaller fingers! 
Each Missionary sock will be personalized with the Missionary's name on the tag and the correct hair color.

No comments:

Post a Comment