Sunday, July 31, 2011

Meat Marinade

 I love to buy books from our library system.  They sell them for $1.00-4.00, and I have added quite a few recipe books to my embarrassingly large recipe collection.  This one is by Jean Pare'
who is quite a famous cook in Canada.  She was a housewife who loved to cook for large groups, started a catering business, and ended up writing lots of cookbooks.  I can tell by reading her book that she is a good cook.  This is the first recipe that I have used and it is wonderful.  The sirloin steak that we put in the marinade soaked for about a day and a half in the fridge.  Marshall loved it.  The steak was good hot, or cold the next day.  The meat was great cold dipped in homemade ranch dressing, and would be really good in a cold meat salad.

Mom Poff also had a great marinade for chicken that was Good Seasons Italian dressing with chopped up onions and green peppers added to the dressing to make a marinade.  It is also very good. 
So here is the recipe....when I am lazy I just take a picture of it instead of typing it out!  We left our steaks whole and did not cut them into cubes.  I used cooking sherry which is alcohol free, apple cider vinegar instead of the lemon juice, and a mixture of brown gravy mix and onion powder instead of the onion soup mix, because we didn't have any!  It worked just fine. We did marinade it for 24-30 hours, and we did not baste with the marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment