I have a post of me gathering Digitalis or foxglove seeds back last month or so. Then I discovered they were poisonous, so I am now gathering safer seeds. Karen my neighbor had a really cute idea, she gathered seeds from her garden and put them in those empty clear Christmas balls from Michael's craft stores. She labeled the seeds and put a ribbon around the stem of the ball and gave them as gifts to friends who garden.. You could also put in instructions for planting them and a photography of the plant.
Here are Salvia flower stems that have dried on the plant. They looked really nice on the front door dried flower wreath I made last spring, but now I have learned to shake the stems onto my picnic table and the little black seeds come out. (along with a spider or two)
The double holyhocks are some of my most favorite flowers. They are about 10-12 feet tall. My Mother had a picture called Holyhock girl, and when Joan Poff worked with the brides in the Portland Temple there was a copy of the same picture in the Temple bride's room. It is called Girl among the Holyhocks" by John C. Hafen, and it is sold on LDS art sites.
So here are my Holyhocks....not quite as thick as these. (But I think taller!)
Here is a close up of the seed pods.

No comments:
Post a Comment