Friday, September 9, 2011

Haunted Halloween House

I had a fun time putting together this house for Halloween.  I was tempted to go to the craft store to buy special paper but I thought I would see what I could do with what I had.  I cut out all the house pieces out of black and then ran them through the Sizzix machine to give the a brick-like texture.  I found some stripped paper that looked really good for the roof accents.  I always have plain white cardstock but I put a little purple artist's pastel (similar to chalk) on the ghost to make them look more interesting.  I also finished off the house edges with a rubbing of white artist's pastel to make it look dusty and old.  Many crafters rub the edges of their crafts with an ink pad to add dimension, but I like to use chalk pastels when I can get away with it on a craft that people won't be touching a lot.  With paper of course you must use battery candles instead of real fire.  (Sorry Kelsey and Megan)



No comments:

Post a Comment