The Tomatoes have done really well this year. They have grown very tall and are just now all turning red. I read in Martha Stewart Living magazine that you can dry tomatoes in the oven at 250 degrees until they are as dry as you want them. Slice them thin and place the slices on parchment paper that will make it easy to peel them off later when they are dry. I sprinkled them with a small amount of sugar, salt, pepper and Costco non-salt seasoning mix, which I keep in an empty Emeril's seasoning bottle.
I baked my tomatoes for at least 2 hours. The thinly sliced ones turned into fruit leather consistency. They taste very good, like sun-dried tomatoes from the store. I did not think the tiny cherry tomatoes tasted as well, so in the future I will just dry slicing tomatoes. Megan loves bagels with sun-dried tomatoes, and these would be a very good addition to homemade bread, or layered on homemade pizza or garlic bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment