Monday, June 6, 2011

Dried flower wreath

 When I lived in Sherwood I first planted straw flowers and statice.  They both dry with bright colors and last for years.  I made a wreath out of the flowers I dried from last summer, but it was kind of thin and needed something.  I always have dried leek blossoms because I have them come back every year in my garden. While making this wreath I managed to burn at least three of my fingers and my upper lip with hot glue.

The wreath is on the front door now and my fingers and lip are starting to heal.  To dry the statice which are the blue flowers and the straw flowers which are the round yellow and dark pink blossoms, just cut them off the plant and hang them upside down in a rubber banded bunch in a cool dry place.  The leek blossoms can be just put upright in an empty vase and they dry round and stay in a ball shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment