Saturday, June 4, 2011

Plants from Dollar Tree seeds

 Dollar Tree had seeds 4 packages for a dollar.  They grew very well just outside my kitchen where the sun reflects off our white house and it is warm. 







I chose Sunflowers, African Daisies, and Cleome, which is not as well know so it pictured down below.  It is the pink spidery flower with lovely  marijuana shaped leaves. Has everyone heard the story of my Hawaii shirt I wore to Mutual in Arizona as YW President which was covered with a pattern of marijuana leaves that I thought were palm fronds?
There is something about seeds that gives me faith and hope.  It is such a miracle to watch them grow.  This scripture comes to mind.


Alma 30:44

44 But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.

Here are the seed packages which are washed out by the SUNSHINE which we finally have here in Oregon.


This tall plant against the fence is digitalis which I really had no idea that it would grow so large and look so great in the pond garden.  I love that every plant can surprise me in some way.

This is my flower border between two lawn areas.  I have many plants here that self-sow.  I love the idea of the plants planting themselves without me helping.  First of all it is always a surprise to see where they are.  Secondly it makes weeding more interesting.  If I'm not sure if it is a weed, I get to wait and watch and find out.  (I know the 3-4 main weed types in my yard, so anything other then those is usually a good plant.

My border has strange wild rose stems that have popped up from the roots of my purchased roses.  They are the original ancestors of the cultured roses.  I don't know what color they will be this year.  Last year a dark burgundy wild rose came from the root of a white tipped pink rose.  Rose festival is starting so I guess it is a good week to blog about roses.

I have Pansy's and alyssum which multiply beautifully.  I have Hollyhocks which also reseed well, and Salvia is a new plant which also spreads well.  I might not have control anymore about where my plants start to grow, but it is really fun to let them do it themselves.  I'm starting to have too many of some plants.  Many places have garden exchange groups where you can share plants and give or trade your extra ones.  Strawberries, daylilies, hosta, cherry tree starts, yarrow, and columbine are some plants I could share if anyone knows of a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment